What is uganda knuckles?
Ugandan Knuckles is a local recipe from the West African country of Uganda, and it’s one of the most popular dishes there. The dish consists of fried eggs, tomatoes, peppers, onions and ground beef mixed together with a traditional local spice mix.
- 8 eggs – scrambled or beaten (optional)
- 2 firm tomatoes – chopped
- 1 onion
- Pinch Cayenne pepper
- Few leaves fresh basil – torn into pieces
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil or butter for frying (or some oil will do)
- 1 kg Ground beef with fat around edges – well browned in pan
- Onions finely chopped
- 2 green peppers finely chopped Basil for garnish
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Toasted bread to serve (optional)
- Beat eggs (optional), add salt, pepper and other spices to taste.
- Heat up frying pan and add oil.
- Pour in egg and fry until cooked
- Heat up the frying pan and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil or butter.
- Fry the onions and green peppers until soft.
- Add in Ground beef, chopped tomatoes and basil to pan. Sautee for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste (careful, ground beef might already contain plenty of it).
- Toast the bread and serve uganda knuckles with the bread on top.
Now it’s time to enjoy!