What were all of the medieval army ranks?
- Household troops – the retinue of a lord or king
- Knights – well-born military leaders who command other knights and men at arms
- Serjeants-armed soldiers who serve as retainers or personal bodyguards to lords and kings; squad commanders, constables; bailiffs, sheriffs deputy; gamekeepers, keepers of parks
- Archers – well-trained soldiers with expertise in shooting bows (or crossbows) from horseback or on foot
- Longbowmen – powerful skilled archers who use these weapons during times of siege warfare
- Sergeants – infantry captains, company commanders
- Squires – young noblemen