Hotmail does a pretty good job in securing your email account by keeping all the records of your login. So if you will login from a different IP or new demographic region, you will be asked to verify your account as a security precaution.
Here’s How To Check Your Hotmail Login History
- Step 1: Open official website www.hotmail.com and click Sign In.
- Step 2: Enter your email.
- Step 3: Enter your password.
- Step 4: Click your profile image in the upper-right corner of the inbox.
- Step 5: Select “View Account“.
- Step 6: Click on “Security“
- Step 7: Click on the button “Review Activity“
- Step 8: Enter your password again for verification.
- Step 9: If you are login in from different browser you normally use, you will be asked to verify your account by SMS verification.
- Step 10: Enter the last 4 digits of your phone number and click “Send code“.
- Step 11: Enter the SMS code you’ve received on your phone and click on “Verify“
- Step 12: You can skip this step by clicking on the “No thanks” button, you don’t need this right now.
- Step 13: Finally you’ve arrived on the activity log page. Scroll down and view the list of activities. If you see any suspicious activity such as “Successful Sign-In” from a location that you think is not yours, then you need to increase the security of your email account (by changing your password, alternate email, security question, phone number etc..)
If you find this tutorial useful, let us know in the comments below.