What are all the mythical Pokémon?
– Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno and Mewtwo are all psychic or flying types.
Mew is one of the original 151 Pokémon introduced in the first generation of games. After being discovered as an unknown species by scientists, it was added to game alongside other related species from previous generations: Mewtwo (seen on Nintendo’s 1996 game “Pokemon Red and Pokemon Blue”), Ditto (a transforming Pokémon in the second generation) and newly-introduced Celebi (the fourth legendary Pokèmon in the third generation). Celebi can be obtained while playing through certain disruptions deposited by a Japanese distribution called distributing event for years 1999 to 2002, though Professor Oak claims that he had read about evidence that Celebi existed in the past.
There is a little bit of metaphysical philosophy involved in an understanding of the “mythical” Pokémon, as well. These Pokémon are often thought to be purely feel-good creations, meant for pure entertainment and without any real meaning or substance.
The game appears to share this opinion – that these Pokémon do not really exist and are just figments of our imaginations rather than larger forces at work within the universe. But there is evidence within the games themselves that superstition plays a role in their existence, so it may be more accurate to say that they don’t fit into our definition of reality but still have power over humans nonetheless. Indeed, if we take on a monism approach (the belief that all things can be explained by one principle) it might be easy to lump the mystical and the natural together under a subjective heading.
Not all Pokémon are mythical, in the same way how not all Pokemon are cute. Here is a list of Pokémon who have a Mythical classification according to Bulbapedia. It includes some legendaries with legendary runes (or TMs) like Latias and Zeraora, which may also be eligible for the title of “mythical” as well.
- Mew : Mew is blocked from being obtained in any game or direct way, but can still be seen on most games through glitches and hacking. A video of gameplay footage can be found here [link]. After the release of Pokemon Crystal and movies 4-5 respectively for Red/Blue/Yellow where Mew starred as the main character in each film, Nintendo decided to boost Mew’s status as a legendary.
- Celebi : Celebi is only available in the Japanese Gold and Silver via a direct giveaway from their own event. Celebi was a post-game gift for X/Y and ORAS, but can be obtained by normal means through an in-game trade in Black/White 2 and Zeraora trophies have been released for Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon’s launch which include a code that has a chance of being an actual Celebi.
- Jirachi : Jirachi is only available through a direct event giveaway from Nintendo by playing the Japan-exclusive mobile game “Pokemon Wishing Star/Star of Wish”. In Pokémon Colosseum and X/Y, Jirachi can be accessed as an in-game trade. In ORAS, it’s distributed by Nintendo through an in-game event. Wishing Star is not compatible with US/EU region phones, but it can be played on PC
- Manaphy : Manaphy can only be obtained by participating in the direct event giveaways from their own events. Players who want to get Manaphy need to download “Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs” and use the special Manaphy quest which is only available for a limited time upon completing the story of “Guardian Signs.”.
- Shaymin : Shaymin’s distribution method is similar to Jirachi. It can be obtained by participating in Nintendo’s event giveaways or through distributions at theaters and retail stores under the title “Shaymin Gifts.” In Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, it can be accessed as an in-game trade. Shaymin was distributed in-game in US/UM through a QR code by which you can find your own Shaymin. .
The following are the various Pokémon from the mainline series of games. Some species have a regional variation, so their in-game region is included in brackets after their name.
The Legendary Birds Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres.
Zap cannon (Electric type), Signal beam (Bug type), Extrasensory (Psychic type).
Peck (Flying type).
It’s body shines with a blindingly bright light that can illuminate the sky for up to sixteen miles as it flies at night. Its IQ nears the level of humans, making it one of Mother Nature’s most clever creations. It learns any move other than an Electric-type attack by breeding or studying this move scientifically during its lifespan, which lasts roughly 1,000 years.
- Bulbasaur – Grass/Poison
- Charizard – Fire/Flying
- Pikachu – Electric
- Typhlosion – Fire
- Mewtwo – Psychic
- Dragonite – Dragon Flying
- Blaziken- Fighting type
From Bulbasaur to Zygarde, here’s where they all live.
As of now there are only 719 officially recognized Pokémon across the fictional world called Kanto and Johto for their first appearance in video games that include players as “red”. In video games these regions were based on Eastern Japan (Tokyo) and Western Japan (Osaka). It is currently unknown how many types of Pokémon there are. There have been 279 introduced so far with new ones coming out each year. However as time goes on more older generations of Pokémon come out to keep up with current technology, meaning it will be even more difficult count exact numbers in this popular game series that has spanned 20 years of children’s lives!
You may not encounter all of these in the game but here are some Pokémon from the original 151. This is a list of Pokémon that live in Johto and Kanto regions. They are sorted by their type then alphabetically. There are six types of Pokémon, Fire, Ice, Water, Rock, Grass and Electric (offenses).
We’re not picking them out for you to choose your favorite one or two-type team! Did you want to write about them? You don’t have to limit yourself to just Johto region trainers either; there are tons more in Kanto region trainers as well as gymleaders scattered throughout those regions with different teams than what we saw before. These were only the ones we met up with as the first trainers we battled.
There are tons of miscellaneous ones, like those who appear to be Sailor Moon and other human-like characters. I didn’t list those either because up until now they haven’t had a type assigned to them and we don’t know what their types will be (if any) and I didn’t want to assume.
List of all mythical Pokémon from the games and anime.
- Mewtwo, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres
- Entei, Raikou, Suicune (the three Legendary beasts)
“Mythical Pokémon” are a type of Pokémon which includes the likes of Darkrai, Shaymin, and Diancie. They’re so rare that they aren’t known to exist in the wild but can only be obtained through various Nintendo promotions.