Removing a Gmail account from your device is easy. Here’s what you need to do:
If you really want to remove Gmail from your Android phone, the basic steps are:
- Navigate to Settings
- Go to Accounts (Or on some devices: Accounts and backup)
- Find your Gmail account from the Accounts.
- Click Remove account.
- Confirm the account removal.
If you want to remove Gmail from your iOS phone, here are the basic steps:
- Open the Gmail app, and then tap the menu icon.
- Tap the “Manage accounts” icon.
- Tap the “Edit” icon.
- Tap the “Remove” icon for the account you want to remove.
- Tap “Remove account” to continue.