Well, the series with the best reputation is probably Re:Zero. It’s popular for its interesting take on a common trope [the transported to an alternate world]
Sore ga nai by Karuna Kuon (微塵アリス) 10 volumes (ongoing)
Another good one is Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou by Machikado Mazumura which does not involve any time-stopping but simply takes place in an uneventful future Japan.
The Journey Home by Turtonator4827 has been praised highly for its seamless blending of Egyptian mythology yet still staying true to the feel and tone of Yu-Gi-Oh! (32 chapters ongoing).
- Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash
- Isekai Mahou wa Okureteru! Ⅲ: Return of the Hero King
- I Don’t Want to Die Alone (I don’t want to die without you)
- The Flowers That Bloomed in the Rain – Rengekyo no Kira-Kira ☆ Ienai Mahou Shoujo (The magic is stubborn, but it’s not bothering me)
- Sevens Gouki Myonnshi Kadenzasushi (Sevens Gluttonous Boss)
- Boys Be Back in Season 2
A set of possible answers to the question could include:
1) Reaching For Heaven by Nanao Tateno
2) Legend of the Sun Knight by Taiyou Akiba (#1 ranked as of 12/24/17)
3) Life Reset Hero by Noriyuki Fukumoto and Hisa Amano (#4 ranked as of 12/24/17)
4) Eighteen Against Fate by Yayoi Uehara and Rock (ranking currently unknown).
What are some good Western anime or manga? A set of possible answers to this question could include: One Piece, Naruto, Dragon Ball Z, Attack on Titan, Full Metal Alchemist.
Re:Zero, Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash
A lot of the good isekai manga are currently being translated into English. The two I recommend are Re Zero, and Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash – both have a similar focus on “fantasy living as the stakes” with one read dealing with literal reincarnation while the other deals with starting over in a parallel world. They were both well-received by anime audiences too!
Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san
(Novels, not manga) After taking a DNA test, the protagonist is transported to another world where humans need blood to live. She accidentally lets her guard down and gets caught up in a fight when avoiding others who are trying to eat. The blood in their mouths made her realized that vampires exist. Mochizuki Kazuo isn’t just an ordinary boy from Japan–he’s actually a vampire! It turns out he also has the same goal as Natsuki Subaru, who wants revenge against his parents’ killers, and upon meeting she tells him about her plans. He agrees to help by giving her protection, but she doesn’t know his true identity
Magical Girl of the End
Guardian EC Comics
The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer
Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma
Konosuba Makai Ouji. i dont recommend these for anyone who doesnt like food or ecchi comedy. they are fun but not as good imho. Im sorry if this is against the rules. My bad 🙁
- Akatsuki no Yona
- Roku de Nashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records
- Takagi-san Chi no Muko Shiru Sekai
- Kimi Wo Tabeta Seitokai
- Haru No Shumatsu Wa Yuki Ja Nai Wang Ai Ni Mo Shi Dounimo Shinonasa.
- One Piece Candy Candy aka Koi Gatarin (AKA Great Cooking Mama) GF Gun Case Closed Jojos Bizarre Adventure (whose titles I refuse to type out).
Also have a few others not yet translated into english, but you can’t go wrong with those ones.
The manga series Yokohama Yankee is a good example of the genre.
1. A Tale of Corporate Life by Sato Mieko – in a world where the success of business is determined not by its products but by conciliating to the whims of its customers, one woman finds out that she must wrestle with her boss for every single work-related decision, putting herself in personal danger as well as industry danger.
2. Tomo-chan wa Onna no Ko! (TomoMote) – Tomoko thought it would be great if she could make friends with people online who were just like her… but she didn’t anticipate that they wouldn’t understand certain aspects about her personality and physical appearance?
Shinryaku Isekai Daikouka has a fairly heavy story mixed with light(er) hearted comedy and occasional romance.
The manga follows the adventures of youth named Touya Mochizuki who gets whisked away to an alternate world along with his classmates from his junior high school.
This other world is an aggressive, brutal war game called “Glory’s End” where mankind has been driven into one final corner due to fighting amongst themselves–In truth, this was Touya and company’s own home world before they started fighting each other over resources and precious metals! These corrupt humans’ descendants now exist in a primitive state without any knowledge of civilization or culture