How long does it take to install Windows 10? This question is asked by many people who are looking for a new computer operating system.
In this blog post, you will learn how long it takes to download and install the latest version of Windows 10 and what are its optimal specs.
How Long Does It Usually Take To Install Windows 10?
Windows 10 has been around for some time now and Microsoft is working on it to make an even better operating system.
There’s also a lot of talk about the new features that are coming with Windows, but we’re focusing today on how long does it take to install Windows 10.
Since there are multiple editions of Windows 10 OS (Home, Pro, Enterprise, and Education), the installation time really depends on multiple variables:
- Your current version of the operating system. So if you want to upgrade your Windows 8 on INTEL Celeron 2.6 GHz with SATA hard drive – this may take around 20 minutes for 64-Bit.
- Your hard disk speed. If you want to install Windows 10 to a fast SSD drive, it may take 12-14 minutes to fully install it.
- Your computer’s hardware. For the older models such as the old notebook model, the Windows upgrade time may take 25-30 minutes.
Basically, the significant variables that impact the Windows 10 installing time are:
- CPU speed
- Amount of RAM
- Hard Disk (Non-SSD vs SSD)
However, before installing Windows 10 you must know the optimal specs required to run Windows 10:
- RAM: Recommended 2 GB of RAM for Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: 1 GHz or faster processor
- Hard disk space: Recommended 20 GB for Windows 10 64-bit
- Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later
- Display: 800 x 600
Let us know in the comments how much time does it took you to install Windows 10.